“…phenomenal job with field trips… activities were perfect… educational and fun. ~Scarlett DeRosa
Summer Camp Field Trips
Cherry Crest Adventure Farm will provide a fun and educational visit. Campers will have a unique farm experience and an unforgettable adventure in our life size puzzle, The Amazing Maize Maze®.
Admission is offered to licensed/registered summer camp programs or daycare facilities/providers only.
The children and accompanying adults will:
1. Be greeted and organized in an orderly fashion.
2. Be challenged to think and reason creatively while having fun exploring our 5 acre corn maze.
3. Have the opportunity to enjoy and explore over 50 attractions in our Courtyard and Barnyard areas.
4. Interact with the animals in the Farm Experience Center.
5. Enjoy lunch in our Barnyard Tent. Groups may bring packed lunches, purchase meal vouchers when they make their reservation, or buy ala carte from our food venues the day of their visit.
6. For an additional fee groups have the option of a train ride from the Strasburg Rail Road to Cherry Crest Adventure Farm. Please call the RR station at 717-687-7522 for reservation and details concerning the train ride.
Time: Your group may arrive any time after 10:15a.m. The farm is open until 5p.m.
Dates: Tuesday through Friday, July 2nd through August 21st (CLOSED ON MONDAYS)
Rain Date: The farm does close in inclement weather. Rain dates will be scheduled on an as needed basis.
Summer Camp Admission: $12.00 per person
- (1) FREE adult chaperone for every (5) paying campers ($12.00 for additional adults that are included in your reservation).
- Admission includes: 50+ Farm Fun Activities including (but not limited to) The Amazing Maize Maze®, Barnyard Jump, Giant Slinger, Country Pig Races, Straw Bale Racer Slide, Giant Hay Chute Slide, Big Ball Corral, Ball-cade, Obstacle Course, Country Pig Races, Farm Experience Center, Discovery Barn (with our baby chick hatchery), Wagon Express Ride, Farm Tour Wagon Ride and more!!!
- This admission does not include the Little Farmers Playland/Sproutsville area.
- Allow a minimum of 3 - 4 hours for your group to experience the farm.
Registration: All groups must register online (see instructions below). Dates fill VERY early so don’t delay!
A credit card is required for booking your field trip.
Please Note: All groups MUST have proper adult supervision. Your counselors must be 18 years old or older to qualify as a “free chaperone for every 5 paying campers”. Junior chaperones must be included in your camper count. Chaperones must accompany students at all attractions and at all times while on the CCAF property.
~ Reservations are made online only.
~ If ordering more than 100 tickets, multiple purchases must be made. TicketLeap sets an order cap at 100 tickets.
~ A minimum down payment of $6 per admission is due upon making your reservation. The balance will be due in full upon arrival to farm on the day of your scheduled visit. Accepted forms of payment for the balance due are cash, MC, V, AX, D or check. Payment in full can be made when you make your reservation, if you desire.
~ Groups receive (1) free adult chaperone for every (5) paying campers. Please indicate the number of free chaperones by selecting as many "Free Chaperone" tickets as you qualify for. Please remember this number is calculated using the PAYING camper number.
~ If you have red complimentary passes from a prior year's visit to apply to the reservation, please select as many "Complimentary Pass" tickets as passes that you possess and want applied. These must be mailed in to the CCAF office prior to your visit date to have them applied to the booking. Please mail to:
Cherry Crest Adventure Farm
Attn: Missy Hoover
150 Cherry Hill Road
Ronks, PA 17572
~ A grace amount of 10 campers will be allotted to your reservation. If you have 10 fewer campers on the day of your visit than you originally booked for, that amount will be credited to your final balance due. If you have more than 10 fewer campers, complimentary passes will be issued for that amount and you will be charged for the amount over the 10 grace. The complimentary passes have no expiration date.
~ If you have 10 more campers, they will be charged the $12 camper rate. Any adults or students above and beyond 10 more than what you booked for, whom arrive with you the day of your visit and who you do not have a reservation for, will be charged the $18 gate fee.
~ Please PRINT ONLY the receipt PDF and bring it with you the day of your visit for check in. There is no need to print each individual ticket that you purchase.
~ Approx. (1) week before your scheduled visit you will receive an email with detailed information about your day at the farm. It is important that this information be given to the person responsible for your group while they are here for the visit.
~ If you cancel your field trip with more than 30 days notice, you will be issued a full refund minus a $50.00 clerical fee.
~ If you cancel your field trip with less than 30 days notice, no refunds will be issued. Complimentary Passes will be issued per the number of paid admissions. These passes may be distributed at the discretion of the organization or can be applied to a future year’s reservation, and have no expiration date.
~ Field trips are weather dependent. If CCAF needs to cancel a field trip because the farm is closed due to weather, CCAF will work with you to reschedule. There is no penalty for canceling due to weather when CCAF has closed. If you are unable to reschedule, your deposit will be refunded with a check.
~ No refund is issued if your group is asked to leave the CCAF property due to behavior issues or failure to comply with the CCAF field trip rules.
2019 Reservations beginning January 4, 2019
Call 717-687-6843 ext. 703 or 866-546-1799 ext. 703
“…I LOVE this place, and the kids (ages 3-15) all had a great time too. Something … for everyone!”
Fall School Field Trips
The educational staff at Cherry Crest Adventure Farm strives to incorporate our motto “Where Fun Grows” with solid educational programming. Each farm lesson at CCAF will promote student learning about the diversity of agriculture. Your students will enjoy a day filled with age appropriate lessons (Hands on Harvest package), hands on activities and multi-sensory experiences. Most importantly a trip to our farm will provide your students with an experience they will never forget.
CCAF has several trip packages to choose from. Below is a synopsis of each package.